In WordPress 3+ you have the ability to make a post sticky. What this means is that you can have one particular post always show on top on your home page or on a category page. Say you have a post describing your mission or reason for the blog, or maybe it contains a video you want to have on top, just make this post sticky and I’ll show you how:
- Log into your WordPress admin
- You must have written this post already and clicked Publish to save it.
- Now click on Posts > Posts to view all your posts
- Choose Quick Edit
- Towards the right check the box in front of “Make this post sticky”
- Click the Update button and you’re done!
Hover your cursor over the title of the post you want to make sticky.